Fox File #75: The Fox Files is Back
The Fox Files is a weekly message from EDCUtah President & CEO Theresa Foxley.
I mentioned at the outset of September that EDCUtah was headed into what I was calling a “white knuckle” month. And white knuckle it was. That speed carried on into the first few weeks of October. To focus on the many important issues we were working on, I took a brief break from writing the Fox Files. However, throughout the past few weeks I’ve been reflecting on some really important issues in economic development that I‘ll jot down a few words on in future Fox Files installments. Let me give you a preview into what the next few dispatches will touch on:
- Lessons learned from this year’s annual award winners, A. Scott Anderson (Zions Bank), and Jerold G. Oldroyd (GOED/Ballard Spahr)
- Lessons learned from hosting a Site Selector FAM Tour in the Southern Utah region, and why intergovernmental cooperation is paramount to economic development success
- Utahns: the state’s best and most important economic asset
- Western U.S. population growth patterns and why Utah and our surrounding states are—and will continue to be—a safe place for corporate investment
- The importance of unlocking more economic output from within the state’s existing demographics
- Utah’s global ambitions
As for what we’re up to this week—Mike Flynn and Colby Cooley are joined by representatives from Salt Lake City, Provo, Ogden, UDOT, and the Governor’s Office in Florida for the National Business Aircraft Association (NBAA) trade show. NBAA has proven to be a successful industry-supporting and relationship-building event for Utah and its communities. Mike and Colby are excited to support our partners as they solidify some key relationships with existing businesses and look to deepen our network and knowledge base.